Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Plateau Bustin'!

This morning the scale said 176.8.  Woohoo! That's my lowest weight yet.  Well lowest since I started this thing in November.  I am really happy about this, but I know that other people might not be as happy for me.

I can think of mean things that people might say. " Wow...you lost 7 pounds in 3 months...you suck."  Or  "Well you still weigh a ton Fatty McFatterson, that's still obese you short round person."

 Well to that I say, "It's better than gaining 7 pounds and I learned a lot along the way which will lead to more weight loss."  I totally get that I could have been doing better, and doing more faster.  But I didn't, I don't have those three months back.  I do however have the next three months to make better, with fewer setbacks. This is my weightloss, that I'm learning how to fit into my life the best I can.  Maybe I'd do better on nutrisystem or weightwatchers.  But I don't have the money.  I could probably use a personal trainer...again...don't have the money.

I'm not using the lack of funds as an excuse.  I'm doing this the DIY Kari way.  I know I don't want to rely on prepackaged meals or a program the rest of my life.  I want to discover a healthy means of life that works for me.  I know the term "lifestyle change" has been used to death, but that's what I'm trying to do.  I'm trying to put a life together than encourages healthiness and weightloss, and still have it be a life that I enjoy and can stick to for a very long time.   I know that some people make a weightloss commitment and shoot right out of the gate, dropping pounds left and right.  I just wasn't that way.  I didn't know how much effort it was going to take...so I faltered, I sputtered, I screwed up and ate Chinese Buffet, I missed workouts.  But guess what...I didn't give up.  I crawled out of the Chinese Buffet and made a commitment to go running first thing the next morning.  Which I did!   So if you think I'm not serious...that's fine.  Just know that I haven't given up and I'm not going to despite my slow progress.  I just had to take stock of how much butt bustin' real weight loss was going to take.  I'm not afraid and I am ready. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks for the support on my blog. I do appreciate it. good for you in doing it old school as in the no frills plan..you do what you gotta do. And anytime you screw up just start over again.

    Oh your post about bras..I used to be 56DD but after losing a lot of weight, I'm kind of a 44 to 46 D...maybe really a C. When you get older the girls just hang. I wear a Hanes/Walmart "Sports Bra" over a second bra. I did purchase an Enell bra which is the ultimate for big busty girls but the last time I wore it ..kind cut in to me. it might help you to use a shelf bra cami on top of the other bras...but yea..treadmill running is a bitch.

    ReplyDelete