Monday, February 14, 2011

How I'm Doing

I'm doing pretty good.  Overall it's a been a decent week.  I didn't reach all of my goals though.  I didn't manage to get the food journaling in.  I know I know...its so important for weight loss It just wasn't in the cards for me last week.  However, I made it to the gym twice.  It wasn't the three times I was hoping for.  But there was something special about my time at the gym.  When I was there I ran. I ran!  On the treadmill boxed in by hard bodied attractive co-eds that belong on an mtv show.  My short little chubby legs ran.  They ran for a whole mile, not stopping to walk.  I always feel so powerful after I run, I feel like I'm doing something that I wasn't meant to and succeeding at it.  It's a great feeling.

Even though I've been bouncing in-between 177 and 180 pretty much since the start of the new year I know that my body is changing.  I was shaving my legs the other day in the shower and I couldn't help but notice how much harder my legs are than they used to be.  There are bumps of hard muscle poking out where there used to be just softness.  Its the same with my arms, there is a bump of bicep showing through.  I feel like my tummy is just a tiny bit flatter and my face is a little thinner. I think I have wonderful Boyfriend to thank for being my strength training coach and pushing me when I least want to be pushed.  I love these Non Scale Victories as they are called in the Weight Loss Blogging World.

Now I know that I still need to get a handle on my eating.  There was definitely some restaurant action this weekend that didn't really need to happen.  I realize that I'm working out enough to burn enough fat to cancel out the muscle gain and even it out at a steady weight.  And that's great.  There is nothing wrong with replacing fat with muscle, but the fact remains that I'm still too heavy for my height and I should be losing regardless of strength training.  My main goal this week is to buckle and bust through my plateau of 177 this week.  I want to see 176 so bad I can taste it.  I think I can do it. Rather than wishing me luck I would like whoever is out to wish me the strength to kick some butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment