Tuesday, February 8, 2011

From Underneath a Pile of Dictionaries

I've decided to crawl out from under my pile of dictionaries to update.  Life has been pretty crazy lately. I have a pretty work intensive translation to do, hence the dictionaries, managing Russian Club which is always hectic, and dealing with the bitter bitter awful Midwestern cold.  All that having been said, my dieting and exercise efforts have been successful!  I've stayed under 1500 cals for today and did my circuit workout.  Despite the urge to eat and hibernate, which always hits me when it's bitter cold out, I have stayed strong.  Woohoo! Hopefully the scale will be as happy for me as I am tomorrow morning.

One not so great area is my cardio.  I haven't started yet this week.  Yesterday Boyfriend was sick and I had to attend a Russian Club meeting, today it was really cold and I knowing that I had strength training coming up, I made the excuse not to do it.  Well cardio starts tomorrow dang it!  Wednesday is my short day, and I'll have to be on campus anyway to access the big bad Russian-Russian Dictionaries so I'll have no excuse to not drop by the rec center.

Making excuses is probably first and foremost among my eating and exercise problems.  I am the Tsaritsa of making excuses.   "I'm tired" "I worked out most days this week, so it's okay if I take the day off and go get Mexican food"  "It's my TOM,  I'm crampy...I deserve to order in Chinese".  Excuses Excuses Excuses.  I don't want to look back on life 20 years from now and realize that I excused myself into 300lbs and Supersized early grave.  I have NO EXCUSE to not take good care of myself and that is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment