Monday, February 21, 2011

Demon Bras

I will preface this post by saying that I'm a pretty busty girl.  I got me some knockers.  I wear a D but I may be bordering on DDs...I never can really tell given that bra makers have seen no reason to make sure that their sizings conform to a concrete standard. 


I have recently begun running.  Running means bouncing.  Bouncing means pain.  So there was only one thing to do.  I usually put one of those stretchy sports bras, you know the type, no real support , but three for $8, over my regular bra.  Thus, my boobies are held in tight to prevent bouncing and I also have the support that underwire supplies.  Well apparently that is no longer going to work.  It seems that this set up causes my bra to rub my skin off when I actually run.  It was fine for the elliptical, fine for the stair stepper, not so fine for the treadmill. 

A Walmart visit was in order to purchase a real sports bra, with shape and form.  I tried on a bunch of sports bras...well...the "bunch" that they had for a 38 D. I suppose they assume that someone with boobs that big is too fat to exercise anyway.  I found one that I liked.  It was a blue front close number.   And the front clasp is a zipper. Crazy huh?  Well I sort of had to put all my eggs in one basket because this was the only one of the bras that was even remotely a possibility.  I probably spent a whole half hour in the dressing room, thankfully Boyfriend was on a mission to find ten pound weights.  I ended up finding him in the computer games. 

I test drove the bra today when I did a light run walk at the school's rec center.  It worked really well and I got to keep all my skin! Yay!  I do wish that they made more cheaper good bras for us chesty ladies though.
Has anyone else had boob related workout problems?

No comments:

Post a Comment